It was impressive to see the UK skies lit up in VALIDATE colours yesterday, as a much reduced (but still aggressive) ex-hurricane Ophelia brought Saharan sand with her and turned the clouds a beautiful and eerie orange.
Along with the unusual apocalyptic sky, we've also spotted the following this week:
- The German Research Foundation (DFG) has a call for German-African Cooperation Projects in Infectiology, including NTDs
- The US-UK Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar call closes 6 November - so if you want to apply you need to be quick!
- The new UKRI is looking for Council Members
- University of Notre Dame (Indiana, USA) is advertising for an Assistant Professor of Human Pathogen or Vector Biology
- University of Notre Dame is also looking for an Assistant Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Twitter this week has seen the top tips and common pitfalls for grant writing from the Academy of Medical Sciences, the new UN global roadmap to stop bovine TB transmission to humans, news that IDRI have started a phase I clinical trial of new leprosy candidate vaccine LepVax, how vaccines can help reduce antibiotic use and drug resistance from GAVI and Wellcome Trust, and much more - do follow us @NetworkValidate.
A number of our founding member's profiles have been added to our Members' Directory, so do check out our Members and their research interests. The Members' Directory is there to encourage new collaborations between our members, so if you're a VALIDATE members and are not yet listed, just get in touch with Sam (Samantha.Vermaak@ndm.ox.ac.uk) to get added.
Finally, don't forget that the VALIDATE pump-priming grant call and training grant call are both now open. These are our first rounds of these grants, closing 31 October 2017. More information about the calls and how to apply can be found on each call's webpage.
Published: 17 October 2017