For senior members of the scientific, advocacy or vaccine development community who work directly in the development of vaccines against complex intracellular pathogens, who have been awarded their own funding, work independently leading their own research group, and who will add value to the Network community. This includes Group Leaders from related disciplines, such as (but not limited to) social science, epidemiology, bioengineering, and mathematical modelling.
Group Leaders working on complex intracellular neglected pathogens other than mycobacteria, Leishmania spp, or Burkholderia pseudomallei are welcome to join VALIDATE, but should be aware that VALIDATE can only fund projects related to our three focus pathogen groups.
Investigators need to apply to the Network Management Board (NMB) for membership (at any time), and their applications will be decided upon at the next NMB meeting. They then:
- Can collaborate on pump-priming funding applications
- Are invited to attend the VALIDATE Network annual meeting and other events
- Can take part in our equipment redistribution scheme
- Early PIs are eligible to apply for a more senior mentor, if appropriate
- Senior Scientist Investigators should be prepared to be a potential mentor to less senior members of the Network as part of our mentoring scheme
All Network Investigators must sign the VALIDATE Confidentiality Agreement before they will be given full membership rights, including attendance at meetings, due to the nature of the unpublished data that are shared.