The VALIDATE Network aims to accelerate vaccine development for complex intracellular pathogens that cause significant disease burden in low and middle-income countries (LMIC). Our initial focus is on Mycobacterium tuberculosis (which causes TB), Leishmania species (leishmaniasis), Burkholderia pseudomallei (melioidosis) and Mycobacterium leprae (leprosy).
The Network’s priorities lie in bringing together researchers from different specialities, different countries, different institutes and who work on different pathogens, with the aim of together making significant progress towards vaccines against our focus pathogens. The Network provides pump-priming research grants to Network collaborations to further research in this field, via competitive application.
The VALIDATE Network also aims to encourage Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and career progression amongst its members, particularly early career researchers and researchers from LMICs. We provide a central hub website that highlights job and training opportunities in the field, and organise workshops, seminars, a mentoring scheme, and award Fellowships and training grants. More information about all of these can be found on this website.
- Accelerate vaccine R&D for TB, leishmaniasis, melioidosis, and leprosy
- Create an engaged and interactive international research community of members all working towards efficacious vaccines for our focus pathogens
- Create new cross-pathogen, cross-continent, cross-species, and cross-discipline research collaborations
- Fund important research via Pump-priming and Fellowship grants
- Facilitate CPD and career progression for our members, particularly early career and LMIC researchers
- Provide useful and relevant information to our Members about research, and funding and CPD opportunities
- Influence government, funders and the media on the importance of vaccine development for these pathogens
- Help interested people in the general public find out more about our research and the diseases we’re tackling in an accessible format
- The benefits of VALIDATE membership
- How to become a VALIDATE member
- Who is in the Network
- The pathogens we’re researching
- Funding sources
- Training and CPD opportunities
- VALIDATE events
- Funded work
- Take a look at our Youtube channel
If you have any queries, or any ideas for how we can better serve our members, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org