Annual Meeting & Conference
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the next VALIDATE Annual Meeting will be held in 2021; we will confirm dates in due course. Do just get in touch with the VALIDATE team with any queries in the meantime.
The VALIDATE Network has held an Annual Meeting every year from 2017 to give all its members a chance to connect, network, build new collaborations and hear about great science in our field. These meetings are open to all VALIDATE members; members from Academia, Industry, Government Bodies and Non-governmental Agencies are all welcome. Attendance at the Annual Meeting is free.
You can hear what our members think about attending VALIDATE's meetings on our You Tube Channel.
VALIDATE 3rd Annual Meeting & VALIDATE-BSI Conference, 1-3 Oct 2019
ECR workshop "Post-doc'ing for Success 2"
Monday 30 September (full day)
For more details click here.
3rd VALIDATE Annual Meeting (VALIDATE members only)
Tuesday 1 October (full day) and Wednesday 2 October (morning)
View the Annual Meeting Programme here.
VALIDATE-BSI 2019 Conference: Vaccine Development for Neglected Intracellular Pathogens (open to all)
Wednesday 2 October (afternoon) and Thursday 3 October (full day)
We were delighted to co-host this conference with the British Society for Immunology (BSI).
View the Conference Programme here.
As part of our remit to build vaccine research capacity in LMICs and to increase collaborations across continents, VALIDATE provides around seven travel scholarships each year to enable LMIC Investigator and Associate Network members to attend the Annual Meeting (including the ECR workshop and VALIDATE-BSI Conference in 2019).
Up to £3000 per person is available via competitive application to the Network Management Board (NMB). We particularly welcome applications from Early Career Researcher Associate VALIDATE members who do not have their own funding available. If you have received a VALIDATE travel scholarship previously, you are still eligible to apply in 2019.
Applications for the Travel Scholarships closed on 17 July 2019 - congratulations to the following successful recipients:
- Asst Prof Vijay Prajapati, Central University of Rajasthan, India
- Asst Prof Lok Bahadur Shrestha, BPKIHS, Nepal
- Dr Olayinka Osuolale, Elizade University, Nigeria
- Dr Federico Carlos Blanco, National Institute of Agricultural Technology, Argentina
- Assoc Prof Narisara Chantratita, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Dr Panjaporn Chaichana, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Asst Prof Kiran Afshan, Quaid-i-Azam University, Pakistan
- Dr Abhishek Mandal, ICMR-Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences, India
- Dr Chidchamai Kewcharoenwong, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
- Dr Fatoumatta Darboe, MRC The Gambia Unit at LSHTM, The Gambia
- Asst Prof Tufária Mussá, Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
- Dr Eduardo Milton Ramos Sanchez, USP, Brazil
- Dr Suwarti, EOCRU, Indonesia
- Dr Anthony Afum-Adjei Awuah, KCCR, Ghana
VALIDATE 2nd Annual Meeting: 5-7 Nov 2018
VALIDATE offers around ~7 travel scholarships each year for LMIC Investigator/Associate members to attend our Annual Meeting.
In 2018 VALDATE awarded 9 travel scholarships to members from Thailand, Nepal, Nigeria, Brazil, and Mozambique.