We're seeking a VALIDATE Network Assistant!
We have an exciting opportunity to join the dynamic VALIDATE network as the VALIDATE Network Assistant. In this new role, you will be heavily involved in the Network management, events, and communications, giving you a wide range of experience to take forwards in your career.
You will play a crucial role in the smooth running of all aspects of the VALIDATE Network, assisting with liaising between the consortium members, and helping manage the website, social media and other communications. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You will assist with coordinating grant calls and supporting the Network partners that are awarded funding. You will help plan and coordinate VALIDATE’s seminars, workshops, and annual meetings, so event management experience would be useful (although not essential, as any training required will be provided in this role).
You should have excellent organisation skills and attention to detail, and good numerical and writing skills. You should be able to manage your own workload effectively, prioritising tasks each day and managing your own time. You should be a strong team player, who enjoys learning and taking on new tasks as you gain experience.
You should have a good working knowledge of computer software packages such as Microsoft Office, and you should be willing to learn new skills, and explore new technologies. Previous relevant administrative experience is desirable but not essential.
- Provide administrative support for the VALIDATE Management Team, communicating and working effectively and assisting in all aspects of the Network’s activities as appropriate
- Assist with VALIDATE internal and external communications, including keeping the website and social media up-to-date, interesting and relevant
- Assist with coordinating Network membership and outreach activities
- Assist with managing VALIDATE grant calls
- Assist with event management of seminars, workshops and annual meetings
- Assist with coordinating the VALIDATE mentoring scheme
- Provide financial administration support (e.g. raising requisitions, purchasing goods on the project), liaising closely with the department finance team
- Any other duties consistent with the grade
The post is based at the University of Oxford, UK.
For more details, including the full Job Description and selection criteria, and to apply, please visit the University of Oxford's job website. Applications close on 13 July 2018.
Published: 15 June 2018