As we let you know earlier this year, VALIDATE was awarded a Wellcome Enriching Engagement grant to support the development of four educational video games. Above you can see some preliminary images from the games.
Help test the games: Next week, we hope to have some early test versions of the games ready for members to try out. We also need you to pass the games on to any friends and family who are in the target audience of 11 to 14-year-olds. Our first two games are:
- Albert and Camille's Little Lille Adventure is an adventure and exploration game where you have to develop the first BCG vaccine in Occupied Lille in 1917.
- Vaccine Delivery Adventure is a classic platform game in which you control a healthcare worker as they bring BCG to communities in increasingly more challenging environments.
Our hope is that you (and any 11-14-year-olds you might know) will play the games and fill out a short feedback form so we can improve the games in time for a public launch in July. Get in touch if you would like to help - email@example.com
TB and the Use of BCG in Animals: Does it matter to people? - Register today
You still have time to register for tonight's exciting lecture from Professor Glyn Hewinson and Professor Michele Miller. The lecture will take place online via MS Teams and will start at 18:00 BST - Register online.
MRC Better Methods, Better Research Grants, 2021 - This funding opportunity is open to researchers at eligible organisations including higher education institutions, approved independent research organisations and NHS bodies – deadline 11 November 2021
- MRC Biomed Catalyst - Supporting the pre-clinical development and early clinical testing of novel therapeutics, devices and diagnostics, including “re-purposing” of existing therapies – deadline 24 November 2021
- 20ALERT: Mid-range equipment funding - The minimum value is £200,000 (inc. VAT) at 100% full economic costing over 12 months. The call budget is approximately £10 million – deadline 26 November 2021
- NRF DAAD - The National Research Foundation (NRF) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) award MA and PhD scholarships to South African citizens and permanent South African residents for postgraduate studies at public South African universities – deadline 30 November 2021
- MRC Infections and Immunity Programme Grant - UK-based research into infectious human disease and disorders of the human immune system – 13 December 2021
You can find a list of all relevant external funding we've spotted for our members on our external funding page.
Published: 9 June 2021