We are currently searching for a Laboratory Technician to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in conducting experiments to better understand the immune response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the macaque animal model.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include, but are not limited to: cell culture, clinical/diagnostic microbiology, DNA analysis, DNA isolation, DNA purification, DNA sequencing, flow cytometry, gene cloning, manipulation of radioactive isotopes, natural product isolation, organic synthesis, peptide synthesis, protein analysis, RNA isolation, etc.
- Process primate and murine tissue and sample for downstream applications
- Perform flow cytometric cell sorting and/or analysis of research scientist-supplied samples.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and their results and prepare the information resulting from these experiments for presentations at laboratory-wide, NIH-wide, and national and international meetings and for publication.
- Perform quality control and decontamination of the various laboratory spaces.
- Generate laboratory records to support laboratory research, and independently perform necessary calculations.
- Write report(s) of findings, stating methods and procedures, including any modifications employed, specimens and materials involved, and results of experiments.
- Interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of each experiment with the supervisor as part of the planning process for subsequent studies, and present these findings in individual weekly meetings with supervisor as well has lab group meetings.
- Responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment. Maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, etc. required to handle biological materials, carcinogens, recombinant protein materials, acids, biological wastes, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Immunology and/or assay experience is highly desired.
- Experience with flow cytometry, cell culture, tissue processing, and confocal microscopy.
- Willingness to work in BSL-3 and Animal BSL-3 high containment environments.
- Effective communication skills working in a team atmosphere.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours when experimental needs require it.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.