The VALIDATE Network - Vaccine development for complex intracellular neglected pathogens
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (lymphocytes), MRC London, Apr 2018
Post-doctoral Fellow (lymphocyte research)
Employer: MRC, London, UK
Salary: £35,340 - £38,181 per annum
Full-time 3 year contract
The London Institute for Medical Sciences is funded by the MRC, and is a Division of the Faculty of Medicine at Imperial College. Based on the Hammersmith Hospital Campus in West London (W12), the LMS provides investigators with cutting-edge facilities with which to pursue innovative, multidisciplinary research.
The London Institute for Medical Sciences is funded by the MRC and is a Division of the Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College. Based on the Hammersmith Hospital Campus in West London (W12), the LMS has first class facilities and provides investigators from clinical and basic science backgrounds with the opportunity to pursue innovative, multidisciplinary research within the established clinical base of Imperial College.
Main duties / key responsibilities:
Research contributions to the core program of the Lymphocyte Development Group, including project development
Contribute to aspects of laboratory infrastructure, development of experimental protocols and training of staff and students.
Provide advice and information to PhD students in the group as required.
The appointee will:
1) Develop research projects as part of the group’s core programme
2) Analyse, manage, communicate and publish data
3) Take an active part in the academic activities of the Lymphocyte Development Group including lab meetings, training and organisational aspects
4) Take an active part in the academic activities of the LMS, including journal clubs and seminar presentations, and where appropriate to present data at national and international scientific meetings
5) Actively contribute to the training and supervision of junior members of the lab including PhD and MSc/MRes students
You can find the full job description, and apply for the role here.