Unfortunately this Workshop, planned for 7th November 2018, has had to be cancelled by the organiser. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- To justify an environ-vaccinology approach to the development of vaccines for diseases of poverty
- To review the existing evidence on the link between social determinants of health and biomarkers of immunity
- To inform and discuss the next steps for the Social Technology Lab initiative
Description of the workshop
This event will be part of the VALIDATE Network 2018 Annual Meeting and all VALIDATE members are strongly encouraged to join the workshop to learn about the Framework (an output of one of VALIDATE's pump-priming projects), to foster interdisciplinary interactions and to inform how the Social Technology Lab moves forward.
To meet its objectives the workshop will be structured in three sessions:
- An introduction to set the rational for an enviro-vaccinology approach;
- An overview of ongoing or planned studies elucidating the postulated steps linking social protection interventions to vaccine efficacy via mental health, improved living conditions and better immunisation coverage.
- An in depth discussion of the Social Technology Lab initiative to outline the role of the project within the VALIDATE network, to present the research outputs from the Pump Priming Grant and how these first 12 months have informed the content of the next phase of the project.