Weekly Round-up #132
Welcome to a rather packed VALIDATE Weekly Round-up Number 132.
Communications and Resources Survey: A few weeks ago we sent out a survey asking our members about the Communications and Resources VALIDATE offers. We had a good response and thought, based on some of the survey replies, we'd remind you of some of the services we have, as well give you some hints about our future plans.
- Collaboration: A number of members requested more help in forming collaborations. You can use our Members Directory and Collaborating Institutes pages to search for VALIDATE members with whom you may wish to collaborate. In October, we are planning an entire week dedicated to encouraging members to form collaborations... more details on this coming soon.
- Opportunities: We keep our Jobs, Funding, and Events pages up to date with anything we've spotted, and our Weekly Round-ups also outline any new opportunities. If you see any relevant jobs, funding or training that is relevant to VALIDATE members, do get in touch.
- Communications: Members can still follow us on Twitter and connect with us on LinkedIn and keep an eye out for our Weekly Round-ups and quarterly newsletters. We are also looking at the possibility of weekly emails for those interested, and will soon be launching a fully interactive VALIDATE Hub (details soon).
If you have any general thoughts about how the VALIDATE Team can improve the service we offer our growing community, get in touch - email@example.com.
Newton Fund PhD Call India - The Newton-Bhabha Fund is offering the opportunity for UK and Indian PhD scholars to spend a period of their study (two to four months) in Indian and UK higher education institutions, to take place between April and December 2021 – deadline extended to 2 September
BBSRC 2020 Tools and Resources Development Fund - The 2020 Tools and Resources Development Fund (TRDF) launched in June 2020. The aim of TRDF is to pump-prime the next generation of cutting-edge research technologies with the potential for transformative impact in bioscience research – deadline 9 October
MRC/DFID African Research Leader Scheme - The UK Medical Research Council and the UK Department for International Development announce a further call for proposals for the prestigious African Research Leader awards. - deadline 8 September
Transition Support Award for current MRC Intermediate Fellows - This scheme will provide short-term support of up to two years to fellows who have not yet achieved the outputs that will enable them to meet their full potential – deadline 14 October
Training Opportunities and Events:
- NNN Virtual Conference, Online Event, 8-10 September 2020
Annual Molecular Parasitology Meeting, Online Event, 21-24 September
- 16th World Congress on Public Health, Online Event, 12–17 October 2020
- ASTMH Annual Meeting, Online Event, 15-19 November 2020
Transvac - M3 Adjuvants and Vaccine Formulation, Vaccine Formulation Institute, Geneva, Switzerland, January 2021, (deadline for applications 1 November)
You will find more interesting opportunities on our Training and Events pages.
Our jobs page has all the latest vacancies.
Interferon Test, Gilani et al, in NCBI
Peripheral Blood Mucosal-Associated Invariant T Cells in Tuberculosis Patients and Healthy Mycobacterium tuberculosis-Exposed Controls, Suliman S et al, in infectious Diseases
Antituberculosis BCG vaccination: more reasons for varying innate and adaptive immune responses, Prentice S and VALIDATE Member Hazel Dockrell, in JCI
Early secreted antigenic target 6-kDa from Mycobacterium tuberculosis enhanced the protective innate immunity of macrophages partially via HIF1α, Fake Li et al, in Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications
Novel findings on the role of ficolins and colectins in the innate response against Leishmania braziliensis, Ambrosio R et al, in Acta Tropica
Published: 26 August 2020