VALIDATE Industry Seminar: Addressing Pathogen and Human Diversity
Our next seminar with VALIDATE’s Industry Partners will be with Graham Clarke, Chair of immBio, a company developing next-generation vaccines against serious infectious disease. Graham will talk about how variable human immune responses highlights the need in vaccinology to identify and develop technologies that are able to address diversity as well as immBio’s focus on a multiple-protein approach. This seminar is open to all, so please share details with any colleagues who might be interested.
The event will take place on Wednesday, 27 April 2021 at 14:00 BST and you can register online
VALIDATE website update - New Members Start Here.
We have been making updates to the VALIDATE website and now have a page where new members can more easily start their VALIDATE journey. The "Start Here" page has details of the resources and information available to members and existing members should also check out the page as VALIDATE has significantly expanded the resources we offer over the years - www.validate-network.org/new-members
Training Opportunities and Events:
EDCTP - Accelerating TB vaccine research and development: Launch of a Global Roadmap, watch now on youtube
BactiVac Conference 2021: Bacterial vaccines in a time of pandemic, Online Conference, 27-28 April 2021
- Advanced TB Diagnostics, Online Course, 7 June 2021
- Seventh International Conference on Mycobacterium bovis, Galway, Ireland, 7 - 10 June 2021
- BSP Parasites Online 2021, Online Conference, 12-25 June 2021
- 6th European Congress of Immunology (ECI) - The 5-track program will streamline symposia, workshops as well as guided poster sessions, Belgrade, Serbia, 1 September 2021
More opportunities can be found on our Training and Events pages.
There are many more relevant career opportunities on our jobs page.
- Tissue resident-like CD4+ T cells secreting IL-17 control Mycobacteria tuberculosis in the human lung, Ogongo P et al, in Journal of Clinical Investigation
- Validation of a host blood transcriptomic biomarker for pulmonary tuberculosis in people living with HIV: a prospective diagnostic and prognostic accuracy study, Mendelsohn SC et al, in The Lancet Global Health
- Safety and immunogenicity of ChAd63-KH vaccine in post-kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis patients in Sudan, Younis BM et al, in Cell Press
- Phase I Trial Evaluating the Safety and Immunogenicity of Candidate TB Vaccine MVA85A, Delivered by Aerosol to Healthy M.tb-Infected Adults, Riste M et al, in Vaccines
- Urinary metabolomic analysis to identify potential markers for the diagnosis of tuberculosis and latent tuberculosis, Deng J et al, in Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics
- FasL regulatory B-cells during Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection and TB disease, Loxton AG and van Rensburg IC, in the Journal of Molecular Biology
Check out our Publications Page for members' publications and email VALIDATE@ndm.ox.ac.uk if you have a paper you would like us to include.
Published: 21 April 2021