Weekly round-up #49
- The Michelson Prizes - Scientific awards of $150 000 given annually to young investigators under age 35 who are applying disruptive research concepts and inventive processes to advance vaccine and immunotherapy research for major global diseases - deadline 29 Oct 2018
- Crick PhD Studentships - Funding for successful Crick PhD programme applicants - four years of tuition fees and £22,000 tax-free living allowance per year - 13 Nov 2018
All relevant external funding opportunities we find are listed on our website.
Don't forget that the current VALIDATE Training Grant call closes soon on 29 October. Open to VALIDATE Associates, training grants give up to £3,000 to attend a course or workshop, visit another VALIDATE member's laboratory to learn a new technique or assay, visit one of our industry partners, present at a conference - or any other career development opportunity. Grants cover travel and subsistence, visas, registration fees and any other costs involved. Find out more about these grants and how to apply here.
- Internship at Stop TB Partnership - Strategic Initiatives & Innovative Financing - internship helping to support the implementation of critical activities relating to a4i - a synthetic venture capital fund/mechanism for the TB and global health space, which aims to catalyze the rapid roll-out of new TB and AMR products and technologies - 21 Oct 2018
- Crick PhD Programme - deadline 13 Nov 2018
- Standing up for Science Workshop, Wellcome Collection, UK, 14 Nov 2018 - deadline 4 Nov 2018
- LSHTM The Greenwood Africa Award - nomination deadline 9 Dec 2018
Check out our training opportunities page for more training ideas.
IPBS Seminar Series - Latest perspectives on TB and HIV/TB co-infection from Cape Town, IPBS, France - by VALIDATE members Prof Katalin Wilkinson and Prof Robert Wilkinson - 26 Oct 2018
- Policy and Governance Manager at MRC - deadline 21 Oct 2018
- Programme Manager for Peer Review at MRC - deadline 29 Oct 2018
- Research Assistant or Research Fellow in Vaccine Modelling at LSHTM - deadline 8 Nov 2018
- Research Associate in Immunology at University of York - deadline 9 Nov 2018
- Assistant Professor of Immunology at Harvard Medical School - deadline 7 Dec 2018
TBVAC2020: Advancing Tuberculosis Vaccines from Discovery to Clinical Development. By VALIDATE members Hazel M. Dockrell, Helen McShane, Jelle Thole and collaborators