The VALIDATE Network - Vaccine development for complex intracellular neglected pathogens
Building a Community of African Trialists to increase Collaboration and Capacity Development AAS webinar, 2020
Date: 5 Aug 2020 (registration by 3 Aug 2020)
The African Academy of Sciences`(AAS) Clinical Trials Community programme would like to invite you to a Webinar on “Building a community of African trialists to increase collaboration and capacity development” which will be held on Wednesday, 5th August 2020 from 4.00PM EAT. The meeting will bring together, more than 200 clinical trialists from different research centres on the continent and will include a one and a half hour discussion from a panel comprising of an African trialist, African regulatory authority representative, clinical trials funder representative, and the programme lead of the Clinical Trials Community (CTC), who will be speaking on issues around:
• The African clinical trial landscape and role of the CTC platform to enhance clinical trial capacity in the region.
• Opportunities for African trialists as members of the Clinical Trial Community.
• The regulatory intelligence in planning trials and the role of the CTC platform.
• Funders perspective of good collaborations and the role of the CTC platform to enhance networking.
• The future of the CTC platform.
The meeting will culminate into a demonstration of the CTC platform and how you can join the community by profiling yourself and your research centre/site on the platform to increase your visibility, enhance collaboration and inform decision making related to clinical trial capacity development on the continent. Please RSVP by Monday 3rd of August 2020.