The Scientific Manuscript Writing workshop will provide you with the skills and tools you need to transform existing data into publishable material and increase the likelihood of a manuscript being accepted for publication in a reputable scientific journal.
This virtual workshop will have daily lecture sessions, as well as tailored one-to-one tutoring sessions (for a limited number of participants).
- To learn the basic structure of a scientific article to be published in a peer reviewed journal
- To develop the principal elements to be highlighted in the different components of a scientific publication
- To develop the capacity to establish the "main point" or global messages from the most important data of the results
- To learn the essential components of the “Tree of Arguments” and define the three main messages and arguments of the results
- To write a draft of the complete article based on the "Tree of Arguments” sketch
- To write the main conclusions and recommendations derived from your data
All registrants will be able to attend the open daily lectures as 'observers'. If you would also like to take part in the tutoring sessions (as 'full participants') you will be required to bring enough data of your own that will be shaped into a manuscript with personalised support from our tutors.
If you do not return the form, your registration will be considered as observer only. We have limited spaces for full participants - you will be notified by email in advance about the status of your application.
Only the open lecture sessions will be recorded and made available publicly.