Weekly round-up #113
- Academy of Medical Sciences Professorship Scheme, 2020: A package of support to biomedical and healthcare researchers taking up their first full Professorship - deadline 21 May 2020
- EDCTP 2020 have published calls for proposals that will open for applications on 10 April 2020, including:
Ethics and regulatory capacities: This call for proposals aims to support sub-Saharan African countries to establish and/or develop robust national medicines regulatory systems - deadline 16 July 2020
Career Development Fellowships in poverty-related diseases and child and adolescent health: Call for proposals is to support early- to mid-career researchers ("fellows") by providing them with opportunities to train and develop their clinical research skills – deadline 5 August 2020
The following deadlines are upcoming:
- RSTMH Small Grants - To enable ECRs and global health professionals in the field of tropical medicine or global health to undertake clinical or scientific research and/or fieldwork – deadline 27 Apr 2020
- Wellcome Trust International Training Fellowships - Scheme offering nationals of LMICs the opportunity to receive training at postgraduate or postdoctoral level - deadline 7 May 2020 (Extended)
- MRC Infection & Immunity Board Programme Grants - UK based researchers' programmes for infectious human disease and disorders of the human immune system - deadline 13 May 2020
- MRC Infections & Immunity Board Research Grants - UK based research into infectious human disease and disorders of the human immune system - deadline 13 May 2020
- MRC Infection & Immunity Board New Investigator Research Grants - To support researchers becoming principal investigators - deadline 13 May 2020
- MRC Infection & Immunity Board Partnership Grants - Core funds to support partnerships between diverse groupings of researchers for one to five years - deadline 13 May 2020
- Women in Innovation Awards - To find and support the UK's most promising female innovators and develop their ideas - registration TBA, 2020
You can find lots of further open grant calls on our funding opportunities page.
TRANSVAC2 Open Calls -
- M13 'Systems Biology of Vaccinology': Definition and overview of the systems biology approach; examples of systems biology studies in immunology and vaccine studies; learn how to perform transcriptomic data analysis and correlation analysis with immunologic data - 25 to 26 June 2020, application deadline extended - 10 April 2020
- M14 'Regulatory aspects of vaccine development': This two-day interactive training workshop on vaccine development will introduce participants to planning a regulatory strategy for vaccines with emphasis on the early phases of development - 11 to 12 June 2020, application deadline 15 April 2020
Our events page will keep you up to date on changes made to external events due to the COVID-19 outbreak. In addition, the VALIDATE Team is looking at ways to bring members together over the next few months, if only electronically. Keep an eye on Twitter, LinkedIn and visit our events page to keep informed.
Upcoming deadlines for some excellent employment opportunities:
- Grants Manager - RSTMH, London, UK, deadline 29 Apr 2020
- The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World PhD Fellowships, International, deadline 31 May 2020
Visit our job webpage for further opportunities that are currently available.