Weekly round-up #48
- NAM-HKU Fellowship in Global Health Leadership - two-year training for early to mid-career scholars to learn and work at HKU School of Public Health and the U.S. National Academy of Medicine in areas under the umbrella of global health leadership - deadline 31 Oct 2018
- CIDRI-Africa Postdoctoral Fellowships in Infectious Diseases - 3 fellowships of R350,000 per annum for applicants within 5 years of PhD graduation - deadline 12 Nov 2018
- CIDRI-Africa PhD Scholarships in Infectious Diseases - 5 fellowships of R220,000 per annum to study a PhD in Infectious Diseases at the University of Cape Town - deadline 12 Nov 2018
- MRC Joint Global Health Trials Scheme 9th Grant Call - Funding for the best proposals to generate new knowledge about interventions that will contribute to the improvement of health in low and middle income countries - deadline 5 Feb 2019
The call for VALIDATE Training Grants is closing soon on 29 October. They offer up to £3,000 to help VALIDATE Associates take advantage of training opportunities that will contribute to their professional development (such as attendance at courses or workshops, laboratory exchanges, work shadowing, or attendance at a conference to present a talk). Don't miss out on a vital step in your career due to a lack of funding - find out more and apply here.
All relevant external funding opportunities we spot are listed on our website.
- Scientific Advisory Committee of the EDCTP Association: Call for experts - deadline 21 Oct 2018
- RSTMH Student Essay Prize - deadline 14 Dec 2018
Check out our training opportunities page for more training ideas.
- Imperial Network for Vaccine Research (INVaR): Addressing Global Challenges in Vaccine R&D - Launch event, 24 Oct 2018 - deadline 17 Oct 2018
- World Vaccine Congress Europe, Lisbon, Portugal - with VALIDATE Director Prof Helen McShane as key speaker - 29-31 Oct 2018
- RSTMH Topics in Infection - save the date - 25 Jan 2019
- 2nd Human and Translational Immunology Conference, Kos, Greece - The scientific objective of this international conference is to discuss current developments in human and translational immunology with a specific goal of maximizing scientific exchange - 29 May-3 June 2019
Last chance to register for our 2nd Annual Meeting - take a look at the programme:
Immunity to Global Infectious Diseases: Fundamental and Translational Research Faculty Positions, UCSF - to be filled by Dec 2019
Special Issue: Global Burden and Challenges of Melioidosis - 2018 Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease. Including 22 Published Papers on Melioidosis
Glibenclamide Reduces Primary Human Monocyte Functions Against Tuberculosis Infection by Enhancing M2 Polarization. By VALIDATE members Gregory J. Bancroft, Helen A. Fletcher, Ganjana Lertmemongkolchai and collaborators in Frontiers in Immunology
Let us know if you have a paper published so that we can tell all our members about it.