Weekly round-up #99
- GHIT Fund Product Development Platform - request for proposals - Opportunity for the development of new drugs, vaccines, or diagnostics for infectious diseases that are prevalent in the developing world - deadline 17 Dec 2019
- 4-Year PhD Programme in Epidemiology, Evolution and Control of Infectious Disease - 1+3 year PhD training programme, providing unique inter-disciplinary training in infectious disease epidemiology, mathematical modelling and statistics, genetics and evolution, and computational models - deadline 3 Jan 2020
- NIH Mechanisms of mycobacterial-induced immunity in HIV-infected and/or uninfected individuals to inform innovative tuberculosis vaccine design - To support innovative studies that identify and understand the immune responses that mediate protection from M.tb infection or progression to active tuberculosis disease - deadline 14 Jan 2020
- Africa Oxford Initiative - AfOx Research Impact and Engagement Acceleration Awards (RIEA) - To support 'on the ground' impact/knowledge exchange activities in Africa which enable researchers to engage with the public, private and third sectors - deadline 15 Jan 2020
- PhD Studentship 'A novel pulmonary fluid dynamic tool for early diagnosis of tuberculosis' - Three-year full-time position at the University of Brighton to try and develop a new diagnostic tool to quantify the extent of damage caused by tuberculosis in the lungs - deadline 17 Jan 2020
- NOSTER & Science Microbiome Prize - To reward innovative research by young investigators working on the functional attributes of the microbiota that can contribute to veterinary health and understanding disease - deadline 24 Jan 2020
- Africa Oxford Initiative - Senior AfOx Visiting Fellowships - Five fellowships for African researchers to visit University of Oxford for 6-9 months between Jul 2020 and Jun 2021, with the proposed research to be working towards the sustainable development goals - deadline 31 Jan 2020
- Africa Oxford Initiative - AfOx Research Development Awards (ReDA) - To support previously funded AfOx Travel Grant recipients & Visiting Fellows from African institutes to follow up on their ideas discussed with Oxford-based colleagues - deadline 31 Jan 2020
- MRC-KHIDI UK-Korea Partnering Awards - To provide resources to biomedical and health researchers in the UK and Korea to help form long-term collaborations - deadline 31 Jan 2020
- EDCTP Senior Fellowships Plus - Up to 500,000 euros for senior researchers in sub-Saharan Africa to support them in becoming long-term trainers and mentors for junior researchers - deadline 1 Feb 2020
- Africa Oxford Initiative - AfOx Travel Grants - To support the establishment of new collaborations between researchers in African countries and their collaborators at the University of Oxford - no deadline, ongoing call
Find all other funding opportunities on our external funding page.
- PEER Women in Science Mentoring Programme - Tuberculosis focus call - To support networks of female scientists conducting research of the development of effective tools for the prevention, detection and treatment of tuberculosis - deadline 10 Jan 2020
- Soapbox Science - A public outreach platform for promoting women scientists and the science they do, with events throughout 2020 all over the world - application deadline 2 Mar 2020
Take a look at our training opportunities page for ideas for your career development.
- Free Webinar - Staying well during your PhD, postdoc or research career - Online, 12 Dec 2019 at 01:00 (UK)
- RSM Spotlight on falling vaccination rates - London, UK, 20 Feb 2020
Visit our events page for all the other upcoming events in our field.
- 4-Year PhD Programme in Epidemiology, Evolution and Control of Infectious Disease - Imperial College London, UK, deadline 3 Jan 2020
- Research Fellow in Infectious Disease Modelling - LSHTM, UK, deadline 5 Jan 2020
- PhD Studentship 'A novel pulmonary fluid dynamic tool for early diagnosis of tuberculosis' - University of Brighton, UK, deadline 17 Jan 2020
You can view all the vacancies in our field visit our job webpage.